As we are sure you are aware, schools have been asked to close to all pupils except for children of 'Key workers' or children with individual healthcare plans. A full list of which children this applies to will be released by the government later.
This page is dedicated to ideas that you could use at home to help to educate your children during this time.
Below is a letter to all pupils with some ideas and useful links to websites. Download the letter so you can use these easier.
Mr Prescott has made some fantastic videos to help you to access reading at home. Watch them here for more information:
Holy Trinity - Online Books and Libraries - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpdqRvVwocA&t=3s
Holy Trinity - Accelerated Reader Guide- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmpxABmDRws
- Available online at: https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/primary, BBC Bitesize offers a range of activities and games across all areas of the curriculum.
- Interactive lessons and activities that you can do anywhere. Take part in different activities while learning new things. https://www.bbc.co.uk/teach/supermovers
To help continue your child’s reading please look at the following websites:
- This website hosts videos of celebrities reading their favourite children stories online. It could be used to share ideas, as well as to support children to create their own stories based on the examples given. It can be accessed online at: https://www.storylineonline.net/
Oxford Owl - Reading Tree books
- Classic children's books for a range of ages. In order to access the books you will need to sign up for free, however after this you can read as many books as you would like. A fantastic resource for practising reading. It can be accessed online at: https://www.oxfordowl.co.uk/for-home/find-a-book/library-page/ -
Classic Myths and Legends
- This website contains a range of Myths and Legends that you can choose to either read, or listen along to. In particular this would be useful for KS2 - Years 3-6. http://myths.e2bn.org/mythsandlegends/
The International Children’s Digital Library
- The International Children's Digital Library has a range of stories from all over the world. A fantastic website that can help to develop language skills and introduce children to fresh viewpoints or ideas. http://en.childrenslibrary.org/]
- Accelerated Reading is now up and running! On weekdays, you can access: https://ukhosted3.renlearn.co.uk/2243813/ and take tests on books that have quizzes. Teachers will also be able to track how much reading is going on. WARNING: Only the web address above will work. Any other website will not allow you to log into your accounts. For more information, see the video made by Mr Prescott at the top of the page.