Find out what we will be focusing on this academic year!
Holy Trinity CE Primary School
School Improvement Priorities
Excellence in how we worship, learn and work together!
Improving Standards in Mathematics – Reasoning Skills
Raise the achievement and improve the standards and outcomes of pupils in mathematics by:
- Ensuring pupils in the Early Years develop a secure understanding and knowledge of number, shape, space and measures.
- Ensuring that pupils in the primary phase have a secure knowledge of number and a well-planned progression of skills is fostered enabling pupils to recall and apply number facts to support their mathematical learning and fluency.
- Developing pupils’ reasoning skills and application of their knowledge of arithmetic, through high quality first teaching in mathematics.
- Incorporate regular test practice and build test stamina within a board and balanced curriculum to enable pupils to manage complex questions; particularly ones requiring ‘show your method’ and multiple step operations.
- Using high quality feedback, marking and assessment that accelerates all groups of pupils’ progress and achievement that is a least in line or above national expectations by the end of key stage 2.
Reviewing and Redesigning Our Curriculum
Review the curriculum to ensure it fully reflects the school context and personalised needs of pupils; ensuring that leaning in lessons provide pupils with the opportunity to develop high level vocabulary that is used across all subjects of the curriculum in raising standards out outcomes.
Improve the percentage of pupils achieving a good level of development and gaining all leaning goals so that it is in line with or above national averages.
Enhancing Pupils’ Behaviour
Review the Positive Behaviour Policy to ensure it is consistently implemented by all staff; ensuring that the path to success (P2S) programme is fully embedded in practice to motivate pupils, celebrate successful learning and accelerated progress.
Develop the school Faith Group to ensure that pupils, staff and governors are evaluating and maintaining the high quality of teaching RE and its outstanding provision throughout the school.